“We have an extremely talented and powerful family of clients, no doubt. Every day, our clients are leading the fight for human rights and social justice; greater educational and economic opportunities for working families; and safer, healthier, more prosperous communities for all. We do everything we can to ensure they have the resources needed to win. That’s our job.”
Greg Kalik, President
Kalik & Associates
- Since 2000, Kalik & Associates has consulted on over thirty top-targeted “Red-to-Blue” challenger and open-seat races, and partnered with more than a dozen “Frontline” incumbent Members of Congress.
- We have helped elect nineteen EMILY’s List endorsed pro-choice Democratic women to the U.S. House and Senate; eleven people of color to various elected offices; two openly-LGBT Members of Congress and aided nearly two-dozen political action committees and progressive non-profits in reaching their fundraising goals.
- For the 2020 cycle, K&A expanded our services to include FEC compliance and donor vetting. We consulted a record number of candidates of color and women, including Carolyn Bourdeaux, who won a six-way primary and was the only Democrat to flip a GOP-controlled House seat.
- In 2018, K&A clients raised a combined $57.03 million, and ten of our eleven House challengers in the general election out-raised their Republican opponent by an average of more than $1.6 million.
- During the 2016 cycle, K&A expanded our services to include national individual fundraising and served as principal national fundraiser for two highly competitive Senate candidates – raising nearly $5 million. We were early to help Deborah Ross run for US Senate in North Carolina, helping her out- raise her incumbent Republican opponent every reporting period. Through our extensive research and relationship building, K&A has amassed a database of over 10,000 prospective national donors for Democratic candidates.
- In 2010, first-time candidate and Sacramento physician Ami Bera not only outraised nine-term Congressman Dan Lungren five consecutive quarters, but he was the only Democratic challenger in the country to outraise a Republican incumbent. In 2012, Bera beat Lungren, outraising the GOP committee chairman by nearly $1 million. During his 2014 re-election, Bera outraised all three of his potential Republican opponents, combined, and went on to win the most expensive House race in the country.
- K&A was proud to work with EMILY’s List to raise $150,000 as part of their 25th Anniversary celebration and partnered with the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and Leadership Institute to help expand their national sponsorship program ahead of their 20th Anniversary.
- Together, K&A congressional clients have served on nearly all of the 20 standing House Committees, including the powerful Ways & Means, Energy & Commerce, Financial Services, and Appropriations committees. They have served in key leadership positions within the Democratic caucus, as well as the Congressional Black Caucus, Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus, and New Democrat Coalition.