If you are just starting a Political Action Committee (PAC), are looking to increase your PAC’s fundraising effectiveness, or looking for opportunities to collaborate around a specific issue, K&A can help make it happen. Our tailored approach provides the necessary tools your PAC needs to achieve success.
After assessing the current and past performance of your fundraising operation, if applicable, we offer the following services to help maximize the success of your PAC fundraising efforts:
Creation of PAC Finance Plan
- Determine what are realistic goals for your PAC;
- Assist with the creation of a comprehensive finance plan and budget;
- Help identify the tools and resources necessary to achieve your PAC’S fundraising goals;
- Help create a Cash Flow for each fundraising strategy to assist with budgeting and planning;
- Ensure proper compliance and accounting systems are in place that meet the needs of your PAC and finance plan.
PAC and Caucus Member Fundraising
- Target and create a personalized PAC plan for the election cycle
- Provide call sheets for calls that the PAC Chair must make to PACs;
- Draft PAC request letters;
- Follow up with phone calls/emails to PACs;
- Set up meetings in Washington, DC with PACs;
- Manage fundraising events in Washington, DC with PAC community;
- Keep Finance Director & PAC Chair updated on PAC fundraising efforts;
- Serve as liaison with Democratic committees to ensure timely sharing of information and execution of common goals.
- Develop a comprehensive Event schedule, including Meet & Greets, major donor receptions, low-dollar events, etc.;
- Ensure each event has a timeline, budget and tasks are assigned to appropriate staff;
- Assist with compiling fundraising event prospect lists;
- Organize and monitor PAC Chair call time, if needed;
- Serve as liaison with event host(s) and/or host committee, when appropriate;
- Assist with design and printing of event materials, including invitations;
- Coordinate event logistics, including mailings, program, catering, budgets, vendor management, etc.
Washington, DC and National Fundraising
- Manage your fundraising events in Washington, DC and other cities with individuals;
- Provide call sheets for calls that the PAC Chair must make to individuals for upcoming events;
- Help prospect individual donors, based specifically on your PAC’s objectives, in select cities across the country;
- Set up and staff donor meetings in Washington, DC and other cities, as appropriate.
- Review, edit and format correspondence tailored to your PAC (direct mail, thank you letters, etc.) whether by mail or email;
- Identify targeted universes to send prospect correspondence;
- Recommend and supervise fundraising direct mail companies;
- Assist in the distribution of email correspondence;
- Help create a comprehensive direct mail/email solicitation and re-solicitation plan.
Other Tasks Related to Fundraising Operation
- Facilitate the cleaning/organizing of your database;
- Help create system of tracking pledges, income and the overall progress for your campaign;
- Recommend and supervise vendors, including financial compliance and caging companies, direct mail firms, website and database software companies, etc., if needed.